Collection

Thursday, December 22, 2011

References Galore!

Hello everyone! I hope you're excited for the holidays and getting to enjoy them with loved ones.

I've found a few fun or useful resources of interest I thought I'd share, I suppose my present to all! ;o)

Kitty wrestling, some great movements for them, the stripey guy is my adorable kitty.



There's some awesome stuff on this blog, tons of storyboards, and Cal arts notes.
Chong Toons Blog

Owls playing with tennis balls are really adorable. I doodled these guys and they're fun hoping around. Owl Tennis

So I love owls a wee bit, but this guy is cute too, and also fun to doodle. Owl Pouncing Imaginary Prey

Last animal movement reference, a chameleon trying to back away.  Frightened Chameleon

Weird but cool taxidermy animals

Zelda is my favorite video game series, I loved this art by Sam Neilson. Old and new Link

Another Zelda piece, except this one is a book soon to be released of all of the concept art! Zelda Art Book!

If you like some Nintendo music for nostalgia here's a great YouTube channel. Nintendo Playlists

Some great tips for what to draw when illustrating books from Tony DiTerlizzi,
What to Draw

The Animation Letters Project, always great to read, enjoy!
The Animation Letters

I love dinosaurs so when I saw these it was pretty brilliant. Dinosaur Nest

Amazing brain recording, the early development of recording mental images, they hooked the participants up to scanners that would generate an image of what the eyes were seeing, to compare they would show trailers and various clips. Imagine if dreams could be recorded from it.
Reconstruction from brain activity

Happy holidays and happy creating!  =)

PS Check back Christmas Eve for a Holiday illustration + illustrations I did for family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment